A global commodity trading company is seeking a traffic operator to join their team in Johannesburg.
The ideal candidate must have experience in logistics in metals including and would be responsible for ensuring the physical shipment of freight runs smoothly by arranging any international transport, insuring the freight, calculating all costs and contacting brokers, shipping agents and customers.
- To ensure physical movement of goods happens in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Document handling – BLs, CoA, CoO, Warehouse Releases etc.
- To be aware of significant issues within the contracts handled including:
- Aged stock
- Internal and external relationship management
- To arrange financing for new trades and ensure financing banks receive updates as required
- Handle all payments and monitor cash flows.
- Adequate allocation of material within contractual terms
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a traffic, logistics within the metals is a must
- Excellent knowledge of the product/region
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Location: JNB – Sandton
Contact TechStream Group to apply